Emil joined Grant Thornton in 1999 as an auditor, and now he is the Technical Director of the firm and an Assurance Partner. Possessing more than 19 years of experience of audit and statutory work with local and Big Four companies, he is expert in audit and assurance and related services.
Along with statutory work, Emil also has extensive experience in delivering lectures on auditing, accounting, financial management, cost accounting and other related areas in various educational and professional institutions of Armenia. Starting from January 2017 Emil is a lecturer at the American University of Armenia, where he delivers lectures on Intermediate Auditing.
Emil has profound knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP and is experienced in co-ordination of large-scale audit assignments and review of audit reports. As a Technical Director, Emil oversees application of computer assisted audit techniques and is in charge of the ethics and quality control management in the firm.
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK)
- Member of Association of Accountants and Auditors of Armenia
- Member of GTI European Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Master of Business Administration (American University of Armenia)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Armenian Agricultural Institute)